Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft is a free-to-play collectible card game based in the Warcraft series. It has over 30 million players. It was released on March 11, 2014.
It has had two expansions, Goblins vs. Gnomes and The Grand Tournament. As well as two adventures, Curse of Naxxramas, Blackrock Mountain, and The League of Explorers.
On Scotch and Smoke Rings Edit
Oxhorn began playing the game as early as the beta and has since played the game weekly with fans live on Scotch and Smoke Rings since with rare exceptions. His favorite class is the Shaman (Thrall). Friendly games often take place in the second half of the show.
He refuses to spend money on the game but has received donations. Enough to buy him all the current adventurers and he has been gifted money for packs as well. Most of his cards are obtained through doing in-game quests and the old grind for gold.
Tavern Brawls Edit
Tavern Brawl was a feature introduced on June 17th, 2015. Oxhorn often plays this mode with the fans, as well as recording individual videos reviewing each brawl on his channel, ClassyManIAm. It often involves taking the base game but with a twist, including starting the with ten mana crystals, completely randomized decks, and tons of Webspinners.
- "All of the previous Hearthstone beta testers had their cards wiped! All of my great cards were wiped! And you know what makes this even more tragic? I had just gotten a legendary card. Lord... Demon Lord Karnaxos or something like that. He's an orange-legendary card and he was for my Warlock and the only reason I played my Warlock was so I could have this card." - Oxhorn discusses the Hearthstone beta card wipe and the Lord Jaraxxus card.
- It was designed by a very small team of only 12-15 people.
- A running joke on the show is how he often meets his end to powerful legendary cards like Dr. Boom or King Krush.
- Another running joke on the show is Oxhorn mispronouncing the name of the game.
- The act of concession in a game of Hearthstone has been graciously dubbed as "Pulling a Hartung" in honour of fan Greg Hartung.
- The first time he ever played Hearthstone live on the show was Episode 213.
- A full list of Oxhorn's cards can be found here.